A 12 x 12 5/4-Treated Floating Platform Deck Costing $2 200 – A 144-square-foot platform is available in the backyard for just over $2,000.00. With a flat surface on which to set up a table and a few chairs, you can get off the ground. Costing $300, six deck Blocks supported the two double 28 beams.
The price of the treated 2×8 substructure without ground contact is $1,150. The platform will be supported by non-incised wood without breaking the bank. Depending on the moisture level and how near the wood is to the ground, it can easily survive seven to fifteen years. The 5/4 x 5 12 decking that runs perpendicular to the joists and has an exposed end that overhangs the deck’s edge costs $700.
This decking layout reduces both labor and material costs. Creating the deck yourself will save much more money. Labor costs for a 12 x 12 floating platform deck are around $1000. With your sweat, prices drop to almost $1,200. By searching for prices on lumber and keeping an eye out for sales, it is possible to minimize expenses.
How much does a floating deck cost to build?
Floating Deck Labor Costs – A deck contractor will likely charge between $15 and $35 per square foot for this project. If you were to pay someone to construct a floating deck that is 15 feet by 15 feet, or 225 square feet, the labor alone would cost between $3,375 and $7,875
Deck construction needs extensive planning as well as the correct materials and techniques, but the work is well worth it. After completing the new deck, you will appreciate it for many years. Before beginning construction, the first thing to ask is how many footings are required for a deck.
- For a 12′ x 12′ connected deck, you will need at least 3 footings, plus an additional 2 if you intend to construct stairs.
- If your deck will be of a different size, it is simple to calculate how many cards you will need.
- Simply choose its size and shape, then calculate and measure each design element as specified below.
This article examines the many types of deck footings and their applications. In addition, we will determine the size and location of footings for a 12′ x 12′ deck.
How much does a 10 × 10 deck typically cost?
Deck Flooring Costs – The most prevalent forms of deck flooring are pressure-treated wood, composite timber, and hardwoods such as Ipe and cedar. Historically, pressure-treated decking was the most affordable alternative, costing 20% to 30% less than hardwood or composite decking.
- However, pressure-treated wood is currently around 5% less expensive than the other two alternatives.
- In terms of maintenance costs, durability, and rot resistance, composite or hardwood may be the optimal choice.
- At the time of writing, the cost per square foot to build a deck was between $15 and $25.
In contrast, composites and hardwoods cost between $15 and $40 per square foot: Cost to Build a Deck: Detailed Information